Friday, September 3, 2010

Post Thirteen: "Is it Worth It?"

God doesn’t want lukewarm Christians. Follow Him or don’t.


He doesn’t want us to follow him only when it’s convenient or when it most elevates us to a higher status. And if we’re going to follow Him, better yet, if we are going to love Him, our lives should show it.


“So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.” Revelation 3:16


There’s no in-between, Christian-ish, or kind-of-a-follower. We need to be more than fans. If we’re really following Jesus, our lives would be different than those around us.


Is it worth it?

Is it worth it to live our lives in the love of Christ and sharing it with others?

Yes.


Tonight, I will get a chance to talk to the band Philmont about their song “The Difference.” I will filming them for The Underground 1/2 night lock in. The band will be joining us live for a show, so I’ll be getting footage to promote the event. Our lock-in is based on their song “The Difference.”


If Christ is within us, we would be different. A significant difference. We’d be living out the fruit of the spirit. We’d have a hope that others want to know about, we would be joyful in the pain of life, we’d have an eternal perspective. There would be a difference.


Here are the lyrics to the song. Be sure to check out their video on YouTube. And, if you read this before Friday Sept 3rd at 6pm, come out to The Hub in New Lenox to see Philmont in concert!


Philmont-- “The Difference”


I checked the map to make sure that I got it right

But still I don't know where You're taking me tonight

And I've tried so hard to mix the old life with the new

But there's not in between if I'm gonna follow You


There's gotta be a difference

It's gotta be significant

If You're really inside changing my life

You would shine, You would be evident

If there's a difference

There's a difference


Here I am, I've got this baggage by my side

But I am ready now to leave it all behind

So I'm taking this moment to tell You I'm open

I'm taking this moment to give You everything


We're not meant to be another face in the crowd


There's gotta be a difference

It's gotta be significant

'Cause You're really inside changing my life

And it's so evident that there's a difference

There's a difference

No comments:

Post a Comment