Well this is it.
The end of the"Is it Worth it?" series. I'm sure I'll blog and post it on Facebook, but it won't be everyday. Thanks for following along!
It's the end of a long but a great day. We started our Experiential Service and AYhigh today. I'm kinda sick of listening to myself, so I'm sorry this blog is short.
Each day I've written about different topics that bring up the question "is it worth it?"
The movie "To Save A Life" is all about a high school kid (Jake) who is seeking to figure out life and what brings worth. Here is a clip from the movie where Jake is questioning faith.
Take a look.....
I think, if we are all being honest with ourselves, we really just want to know if there is something more to this life than living, working, laughing, and striving for excellence in our homework or career or with family.
Jake asks the questions... is a relationship with God worth it?
Chris, the youth pastor, answers... "Yes... if you are really willing to look, you'll find He's more than worth it."
Your world will tell you something different. It will tell you that life is to be had in the temporary, in the cheap and in the expensive. It will say don't worry about anyone around you. Take care of yourself. Your world will tell you that should rely only on yourself.
God will tell you something better. He will tell you that life is to be had in the eternal, in the free gift of Grace (Jesus). God says that life is to figure out how to love Him and love others. Take care of yourself...and others. God will tell you to rely on Him.
Being happy enough isn't enough.
Seek for something more. Something eternal.
Seek for life to be defined by more than what the world expects of you.
"At some point you have to ask yourself what you want your life to be about."
What do you want your life to be about?
The moment you decide to seek God,
It WILL be worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment