Monday, September 6, 2010

Post Fourteen: "Is it Worth it?"

I sat down today to write a post and checked my email, facebook, twitter first. I'm glad I did. I found this great blogpost today from Adam Young (Owl City). Yes, I follow him on Twitter. Why? Because he has funny things to say, most of which I don't understand. But anyway...
His blog today was so great, I thought I would share. But first, a little background.

This past weekend I heard the obvious question I hear all the time "Amber, why aren't you married yet?" From the parents, from both siblings, sister-in-law, old friends that I ran into, etc. It's annoying really, but I just reply "Working on it." That seems to shut them up rather than saying "I don't know or there are no good guys around or whatever." So, "Working on it" makes it seem hopeful. So I go with that.

Mostly, I'm just a dreamer and I am quite particular. The man I marry has to love Jesus. End of story. "Working on it" for me means that I'm working on being a better person, loving God, and keeping my eyes on my purpose here. If I find a person to join me in this journey, then great. If not, oh well. Life. Goes. On.

But, I loved Adam's post today. Read the whole thing. I know it's long, but it's cute. And good. And this is how all girls want to fall in love. Most people dream of their wedding day. I dream about how I will meet him. Just sayin'. I'm a girl!!

Is it worth it to find a man who loves Jesus?
Yes. Don't ever settle. Surely be sure to keep your expectations within reason, but finding someone who shares your loves is important. And I love Jesus. So there. I've said it.

Read this for more:
http://owlcityblog.com/2010/09/06/you-had-me-at-hello/

No comments:

Post a Comment