I had a near death experience yesterday.
At the Denver Airport they have captured the essence of Colorado by designing a roof that mimics it’s mountain peaks out of canvas. They are close to three stories high and from the inside it looks as if you are under the big top at a carnival. As I was walking to baggage claim, I noticed that workers were cleaning the top of the canvas and had put out construction tape around the area. I glanced up and remember thinking how high they are and how there is no way I’d ever go up that high to clean the top of a mountain top made out of canvas. I continued on past the construction zone when all of the sudden I heard a “BANG.” I froze. And slowly turned around. On the floor was a blackberry in a million pieces....right next to my foot.
At first I thought someone had dropped it right behind me or beside me.
But no, the cell phone came from 3 stories above with a velocity that I can’t even calculate.
I stood in my tracks staring at the blackberry battery and trying to figure out what had just happened. It didn’t occurred to me until hours later (in the middle of the night) that I could have died by cell phone. Had that brick of a blackberry dropped a few inches to the left, I’d either have an incredible headache right now, or be hanging out with Jesus.
I believe that I was in shock for awhile afterwards. Immediately after looking at the obliterated blackberry, I continued walking to baggage claim. I could have put up a big stink, folded in fetal position thinking of what could have been. But no, I stepped over the pieces and kept going.
I am out in the mountains of Colorado, seeking refuge, rest, and to reconnect with God.
I’ve been waiting for the phone call from Heaven on this trip, wanting to hear His voice, but I honestly never thought He’d literally drop a phone by my feet.
I hope I don’t just step over the phone and keep going, but stop,pick it up and say hello.
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you didn't die! I don't know what I would have done without you.
ReplyDeleteOh yeah....thanks for the intense outbreak of laughter as well. I needed that. :)