There is an episode of Friends that I saw the other night. It’s the one where Rachel turns 30. She talks about her life and relationship plan. Her expectations were to have been married with children at 30, but life turned out differently. So she planned ahead and did some math on when she wanted children, how many years she wanted to be married before having kids, and when she wanted to get married. But what she found in her life plan is that she should have met her future husband yesterday. Oops.
I can’t speak for everyone, but I can relate to Rachel in her plight to plan ahead. It’d be so neat if everything could go according to plan. But life gets in the way, and better yet, God gets in the way. I’m all about the will of God, but could it fit into my schedule please?
Anyway, I write this on June 9th, because I always think of this one Polarboy song on this specific day.
One Bad Date
Push with all your might to fight those feelings back inside
you gotta get through the night
Leave your heart behind, for some other guy to find
Guard your mind
Across the table a fox wonders if he’s able to get you home tonight
Like a rabbit you run from the obvious to come, you run
What do you have?
No conversation and the coffee is the bad
I know I’ll look back at this and laugh, for now I won’t
Please not this again, how long can one girl listen to just one man?
All that he speaks of is his long lost past time love, whoever she was.
Soon, it will be over soon, before the 9th of June, soon.
Wonder why I have none of the fishes in the sea, I can’t find one.
Push with all your might, to fight those feelings back inside, you gotta get through the night.
I love that Pol (lead singer) specifies a day that he’d like to get one of the fishes in the sea. I’m sure it was just a rhyming date that fit, but it is so true to how I can get when it comes to planning the future.
Anyway, that's it. It's June 9th. And this post is as random as it gets.
I love that episode and have every intention of getting my friend a 30th Card that read's Happy Birthday Grandma... It's better to be over the hill than burried under it! :) Though I agree with the life plan thing - I may have met "the one" but that doesn't mean the timing of everythign is where I expected it to be! I was supposed to be a qualified Chiro at the end of 2006, hmmm clearly that one didn't work out - but God's plan is always the best in the end so I'm clinging to that for now!
ReplyDeleteGod bless, Happy clinging :)
I never thought I'd relate to Rachel so much. 30 is less than 2 months away! I never expected my life to look like the way it is...and that's OK, because it's pretty fabulous! It's different - not better or worse than I could have imagined. And I like different; normal is boring.
ReplyDelete