Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ichthus '09

Things I never expected from my Ichthus weekend:

  1. I saw a band 2 times during the weekend, and once a month ago. It took seeing the band 3 times before deciding I am a fan. (Remedy Drive)
  2. Bands with the word “hero” seem to be a new trend. (there were 4 at Ichthus)
  3. College students are independent and fun to hang out with.
  4. Revolutions can’t be planned and you can be sure that control and religion will squash any revolution from happening. (Delirious)
  5. Reconnecting with an old friend. And finding out that he’s married... to a fan from Cornerstone.
  6. Fatty being incredibly animated on stage. And praying. HOT WAFFLE!
  7. I have a love/hate relationship with Fireflight and tattoos.
  8. I might be getting to old to push my way through 20,000 to see Family Force 5.
  9. I might have been a little mean to the short girl behind me that I wouldn’t let in front of me for my favorite band.
  10. Pyro makes Skillet sound better.
  11. Sanctus Real: great.
  12. I think Ichthus might become a habit...and I’m totally ok with that.

Songs that I thought were amazing live/connected with:

  1. Stand Up by Remedy Drive
  2. Hold On by Abandon
  3. From the Inside Out by All Star Band
  4. Hosanna by All Star Band
  5. We Need Each Other by Sanctus Real
  6. I’m Not Alright by Sanctus Real
  7. Hope by Remedy Drive
  8. Fever by Family Force 5
  9. You Never Let Go by some random worship band
  10. Oh How He Loves me by some random worship band

Best quotes:

  1. Christine: “Will you marry me?” Chappy: “I would if I didn’t already have THIS.” (referring to wedding ring)
  2. Amber: “I’m looking for a man between the ages of 27-35.” Anna: “Me too!”
  3. Justin Lookadoo: “The fruit of the spirit is how we see our salvation becoming real.”
  4. Joe: “Yeah, I’m excited to go back to Cornerstone, that’s where I met my wife.”
  5. “Come into the real estate of our hearts, you can have the beach front properties and my heart.”
  6. “Darkness must proceed the dawn, wait with me love, til the sunrise.” Daylight by Remedy Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment