Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas "Letter" Blog Edition (#3) Last one!

I've got to sum up the rest of my themes in this one blog. This won't be as long or as detailed as the others. My mind is spilled out on the floor, and I haven't picked up all the pieces today.

The final themes: freedom, simplicity, and God's love.
I've seen God's love in new ways this year. With it comes freedom and simplicity. But it also wrecks my world. I'm still trying to figure it out.
I will say that God and I are closer than ever before. It seems "Christiany" to say that, but it's the truth. We're tight. The best way to describe it is that I'm starting to be ok with whatever God has in store for me, as long as I'm in His love.

It's a scary AND liberating thing.

I'm trying to say yes to this Francis Chan quote...
"Are you willing to say to God that He can have whatever He wants?
Do you believe wholehearted commitment to Him is more important than any other thing or person in your life?
Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people He has made?"

That about sums it up.

~You are mine.

Perhaps I'll pick up those mental pieces and be more clear later.
This blog is messy. And I don't like it. This would be what you would read in my journal. Unedited and crappy writing.
Enjoy. :)

1 comment:

  1. You need to read "Desiring God." It fits this idea of loving God above all things. Piper paints a God worth being above all things.

    You should also read Lewis' brief essay, "First and Second Things."

    ReplyDelete