Saturday, December 13, 2008

A simple line

Music is where it's at in AmberWorld.
A simple line can summarize my day, give me words to praise God, or simply be my friend that totally understands my emotional state.
I've been to alot of concerts this year. I've been able to see Robbie Seay Band twice this year. The guy never ventures up north, so I had to head south to Kentucky and Tennessee to experience. No, I didn't go just to see Robbie (and yes, I'm on a first name basis with him.) I got to hang with him in Kentucky for a few minutes. Nicest, coolest, most down to earth guy. I mean, just listen to his music and you'll see what I mean. But then meet him in person, and you'll be begging to steal 30 minutes of his time in a Starbucks with a soy latte. I promise. He's just that kind of guy. Donald Miller writes his books while listening to Robbie, and I can see why. He throws together words that connect straight to the soul. (my opinion at least.)
So, I thought I would include the lyrics to the song that has sparked the title to my blog "hope, coffee, and melody."
This song, "New Day" is #17 on my Top 25 Most Played song playlist on my ipod. It even beats out Family Force 5...and that is difficult to do. (if you want to know what is played more that Robbie, just ask me)

So, here's a look at "New Day" by my "celebri-friend" Robbie Seay.

I'm gonna sing this song to let you know that you're not alone
And if you're like me you need hope, coffee, and melody.

So sit back down let the world keep spinning ‘round
For yesterday's gone and today is waiting on you to show your face

It might not be the prettiest thing that you'll ever see
But it's a new day, oh baby, it's a new day
And it might not look like a beautiful sunrise
But it's a new day, oh baby, it's a new day

I'm a pilgrim soul I've traveled far and come back home
This land is hard and cold for those who long to love
And I know it might seem that the world is crumbling
But it's me and you dancing in the kitchen at 2 am
And we're still alive
It's the calm of the storm that comes blowing in
It's the springtime saying I'm back again
The clouds that roll by crossing moonlight
Me and you love – everything's alright

Standing in the rain with nowhere to go
Laughing and we're spinning and I hope that you
Remember this day for the rest of your life
Me and you love – everything's gonna be alright

And it just might be the prettiest thing that you'll ever see
It's a new day, 0h baby, it's a new day
If you look outside to see a beautiful sunrise
It's a new day

I'm gonna sing this song to let you know that you're not alone
And if you're like me you need hope, coffee, and melody.

1 comment:

  1. Those are really good lyrics. I may have to iTunes that sucka.

    ReplyDelete