Sunday, December 28, 2008

Top List for 2008

As I was driving back to civilization this morning, I started thinking about my "top lists" of 2008. My top songs, books, etc. So, I thought I would share. They are in no particular order. Just in order of how they came to mind. I'm sure I forgot some....

Top Youth Ministry Moments:
1. Girls camp: cross service
2. First Experiential Service
3. Epic storm at Ichthus
4. Impromptu worship in the hallway at Ichthus
5. The Truddy and Adrienne and Ondra

Top Songs:
1. Washed by the Water by Needtobreathe
2. Song of Hope by Robbie Seay performed by The Underground Band
3. How to Save a Life by The Fray performed by The Underground Band (the girls!)
4. Shadowfeet by Brooke Fraser
5. The Glory of it All by David Crowder
6. Lost by Coldplay
7. Give me your eyes by Brandon Heath
8. Fever by Family Force 5
9. New Day by Robbie Seay
10. Closer by Jars of Clay (The Musical version)
11. Your Love is Strong by Jon Foreman
12. Chicago by Sufjan Stevens
13. In Repair by John Mayer

Top Quotes:
1. “Epic.” --Youth at Ichthus
2. “You must be the world’s strongest woman, and I need to meet you.” Michael from Lost and Found to me in front of 2000 people.
3. “Maybe someday.” Fatty in response to me asking him out.
4. “The soul is the place where tears collect.” Mark Yaconelli
5. “That’s what she said.” Michael from The Office (that is inappropriate)
6. “Take luck.” Brian Regan
7: “It’s cool to see moms rock out on stage.” Teen to me at the FF5 show.


Top Movies:
1. Twilight. 4 times, yep.
2. The Dark Knight

Top Books:
1. Crazy Love by Francis Chan
2. Girl Meet God by Lauren Winner
3. Cold Tangerines by Shauna Niequist
4. The Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne

Top Trips:
1. Michigan for the 4th of July.
2. Ichthus
3. Youth Specialties- Nashville
4. Mazatlan, Mexico

Top things I’d like to go back and do again:
1. Sit by the pool in Mazatlan and listen to the ocean.
2. Be on stage with Family Force 5 again.
3. Shoot firecrackers on the beach in Michigan.
4. Hold a pool noodle and fend off cicadas at Ichthus.

Top Concerts:
1. Family Force 5- Birthday show (saw them 3 times this year, best was when I was backstage and on stage for the show! YEAH club member perks.)
2. Robbie Seay Band- Nashville show in November (no one really knew him, I am convinced I was the only one there).
3. The Newsboys- At Ignite Chicago (shocker, I know. It reignited my love for the ‘boys.)
4. Family Force 5-Ichthus show (cicadas, pool noodles, and a giant heart dancing on stage. Does it get any better?)
5. David Crowder- Can’t pinpoint a good show! I saw him 4 times this year! All great!


Top randomness:
1. Ticket to Ride
2. The almost trip to Florida (moment of silence please)
3. Sweatshirt sacrifice
4. Facebook addiction
5. Homelessness
6. Blogging
7. Writing and preaching
8. “Friends” living

4 comments:

  1. I don't even think I could remember enough of my year to make a "top" list. So, I'll relive my year through yours. ... (it's not working...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ______________________________________

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was my moment of silence. :)
    What's the sweatshirt sacrifice?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Carrie's moment of silence. Nice lists. Nice blog. Hope we get to hang out more in the next year than we have in the last few months!

    ReplyDelete