Sunday, December 14, 2008

1980-something


I was looking through old pictures this weekend. I found a few of myself when I was young. I have added a picture above of the one I spent the most time pondering.
It took me right back to being a kid. Here's my list of things I most miss about my childhood.

1. My Rainbow Brite sheets. Oh yeah, thats right.
2. My blankie. I actually still have it...AND know right where it is. (don't judge me)
3. Walking to the library with my Grandpa Bolton and then going to Hardee's.
4. Getting my brother Rob in trouble every time his friends would come over.
5. Playing TMNT with my brother Aaron.
6. Watching Fraggle Rock at my grandparent's house because we didn't get that channel.
7. Two words: Punky Brewster
8. Couroroy pants and a matching shirt.
9. Getting my hair done by my mom.
10. Bubble tape, Razzles, and Pop Rocks. (all of which you can still purchase, and I have)
11. Summer camp at Kirkwood (going to the canteen and buying lots of candy!)
12. Riding bikes in the new housing development and going into construction zones.
13. Flying a kite with my dad.
14. Scholastic Book Fairs at school.
15. Lunchables.
16. Swimming in our pool until the sun went down.
17. Catching firefly's and keeping them in baby jars. (even when we put holes in the top, they always died.)
18. Getting Friendly's ice cream out of our garage freezer.
19. Coloring books and brand new Crayola Crayons.
20. Jumping on my parent's bed on Saturday mornings.
21. Going to Toys R Us. I seriously thought that place was Heaven.
22. Atari and Nintendo.
23. Getting my knee wedged in the front porch banister at my grandma's house.
24. Wearing my pj's upside down (yes, I was weird)
25. Not having any worries about the future! Just livin' life and being silly!

What do you miss about your childhood???

1 comment:

  1. tight rolled jeans.
    slap bracelets.
    my fro.
    Full House.
    Summer Swim Team.
    Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back.

    ReplyDelete