I cannot get away from the song “How He Loves.”
It’s been everywhere in my world lately. It’s been directly connected to my word “worth” too. This is a song of reminder. A plea almost...one that begs us to remember that we are loved by God.
To live as a Christian, to follow God, really means we understand at some level that we are loved by God. But I often wonder, what would my life be like if I REALLY knew that God loved me. That His grace is abundant, that He’s jealous for me....what would my life be like if I remembered that my sins are forgiven, that there is no time for regrets.
How would life be different for you if you really knew you were loved by God?
How would we treat others if we knew that God loved them with a jealous love too?
What sense of entitlement, frustration, bitterness, anger, and fear would disappear if we knew the extent of His love for us?
Just a few weeks ago I experienced this song in a new way. We were at junior high girls camp and I had finished a message to our 130 girls. At the end I talked about really knowing God and allowing this song to speak to their hearts.
I had Kat, one of my students, play “How He Loves.”
As I was listening to the girls sing, I could sense how they were understanding and singing these lyrics...
First as a plea... God, DO you love us?
Second as an acknowledgment... God, you DO love us!
Third as reminder....God, OH, HOW you love us!
Lastly, as a praise....God, Wow... how I long to live in your love!
So, is it worth it to know God’s love? Absolutely.
Do you know that God loves you?
How will you be different because you know you are loved?
"How He Loves" has been covered by The David Crowder Band and become very popular in the past year. I read about the story behind this song which is absolutely incredible. Here’s a portion that David Crowder says about the story behind the song.
“John Mark’s story is much more elegant than my discovery of it. He had a youth minister he was close to and he’d been praying and praying for there to be a movement among the youth that he was leading. One morning, when they were meeting to pray he said, “I’d give my life for this if that’s what it takes to see a movement among these youth. Do whatever you need to do God.” That evening John Mark’s friend, Steven the youth pastor, died in a car wreck, and John Mark wrote the song in memory of his friend.”
Here’s John Mark McMillan’s song “How He Loves.”
I hope it’s a reminder to you today that God’s love is worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment