Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is it Worth It?--new blog series: Post One


The word “worth” has been quite the buzz word for me recently. I typically go through each season with a different word, something that God puts on my heart to focus on. Sometimes the word is just for they day, or week, and sometimes for an entire season.


“Worth” has come up in the most recent weeks. The word can be in relationship to me or to others. This time it’s for both. And so I thought it would be good to do a blog series on this word from my own perspective...through scripture, song, through experience and questioning.

This series will lead up to the start of the Experiential Service on Sunday, September 12th. Why this length? Why up ‘til then? It seems like September 12th finalizes the end of summer and the start of something fresh and new.


I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling the slump of the end of summer. Usually at this point I’m mourning the beginning of school for the students yet filled with excitement for getting back to our regular programing at church.


This blog series is a way of moving past the mourning and getting on to the excitement of a new school year.


Maybe this is the same for you, but I need for the next few weeks to be filled with some sort of purpose, a leading up to something great, a refresh and renewal of sorts.

For the last year and a half I’ve kept my blog on the “down-low”...sharing my writing with family and close friends. But this series feels like it needs to be broader and include student, Facebook friends, the general public... basically for anyone who is seeking the same sort of “restart” through hearing my rants on the word “worth.”


So, there you have it. Each day I’ll post a new blog on worth through the question “Is it Worth it?” I’ll post it to my Facebook page each day. Please leave your comments, questions, frustrations, and any prayer requests in the comments. Feel free to name yourself or be anonymous.


No comments:

Post a Comment