Sunday, February 15, 2009

Mr. Blackberry

I've been working out with a trainer at Xsport. 
So the other day, I went up to the personal training station to confirm my appointment. As I walked up, I immediately noticed the guy sitting at the table. There he was with a super tight Xsport "trainer" shirt and typing at a ridiculous speed on his blackberry. I'm not sure his real name, but we'll call him 'Mr. Blackberry' from now on.  
"Hi" I say kind of shy-like and insecure-ish. 
He doesn't look up, but says, "Yeah."
"Um, I just wanted to confirm my appointment with Dana for Friday."
Mr. Blackberry looks up from his surgically attached device and says in the most high-school- girl-attitude, "Um, you're going to need to call her." And his head goes back down.
"But could you just look it up on the computer?" I say with customer service expectation.
A few seconds go by and then he answers me with his head still down and while typing, "If a manager was here, but she's not, so no." 
And so I stood there. Like an idiot. Because apparently I've gotten in his way. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to apologize for interrupting him and making Mr. Blackberry do his job or yell at him for being a typical guy......So I walk away. 

A few days later I was sitting at the spa in my gym. I was getting a free manicure. The technicians were chatting with one another and one of the girls says to the other, "You're never going to believe what happened!"  She went into women's bathroom at the spa and walked in on a man sitting on the toilet typing on his blackberry. She said that she ran out and told a few of the women. Mr. Blackberry came out of the bathroom soon after and looked totally embarrassed. 

I laughed. And felt redeemed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment