29 seems really old. I don't know why, but it seems a lot older than 28. And I'm grieving getting older.
For the last several weeks, I've been thinking about my birthday and what I really wanted. I kept seeing this very large, comfy bed. Apparently comfy bed equals rest. Because rest is what I really wanted. And rest is what I got... along with some "smurfing" (throwing up) due to the flu. My birthday party was cancelled, and I spent my day on the couch watching movies and resting. I think I really needed to stop and rest, but I am totally sad about missing out on having fun with all of my friends. Tonight, a few friends came by and made my birthday special.
I turned 29 today.
So, I've made a list of 29 things that I have loved about my life, whether it be in the last day, last year, or last 29 years...(I've had the last 2 days of rest to think about these). I'm also watching the Oscars. And if I were to win an award, I'd like to say these things.
Things I love...
1. My family-for being silly, and fun, and unique....and for not showing up for my birthday this year.
2. My friends-for sticking with me and for laughing with me. I cherish them all and they probably don't know it.
3. My job- for being able to minister to students and their families.
4. Writing.
5. Creativity.
6. Faith.
7. Laughter.
8. Memories-both good and bad.
9. For the year 2008. It was life changing.
10. Music that rocks my soul.
11. For my health (ok, minus the last 24 hours of course)
12. For games-Ticket to Ride, Dr.Mario, WordChallenge, Phase 20
13. Sweatpants.
14. Experiencing new things.
15. Great books- too many to name here
16. For not being too pretty.
17. For not having too many boyfriends.
18. Inside jokes. (love them!)
19. Oceans and palm trees.
20. Hugs from children.
21. Movies I can watch over and over and never get sick of. (Twilight- 4 times)
22. Fear of things like heights.
23. Family Force 5.
24. Parachute living.
25. Mint. And Chocolate. Together.
26. Knowing and believing that God is in charge.
27. Knowing and (sometimes) believing that I'm not charge.
28. Faith that gets me out of bed everyday.
29. I love and am so excited for what the future has in store for year 29!
I was sad about turning 29. But now, I'm totally ok with it. And it took rest to figure that out.
Can I say, thank God for the flu? (let's not go that far)
No comments:
Post a Comment