Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Three thoughts...one blog.

Unedited and I don't care...
I've got some time to kill before my next endeavor today. So, here I am, bloggin' it up. I was reading through some of my past blogs. I need to edit and read my own words before I publish. I can't spell and my grammar is horrible. But then I remember why I am doing a blog anyway. It's just my journal, but opened up for all to read.
And when I look through my journal, it's totally not edited. At all.
So I'm going to try to remain the same here in this world. Sorry to all of you out there that hate misspelled words and poor grammar. 

Lyrically legit...
Music is a big thing in my world, and lyrics are like gold. I treasure them. I long for a song with words that describe whatever I may be feeling, or to get me out of a bad mood, or to start my day. For whatever reason, lyrics are where it's at. Poems don't do the same for me, it's gotta have some melody behind it. 
So, as in alot of my blogs, and my journals, i tend to quote song lyrics. Today, I will do the same, yet again. 

Francesca Battistelli "Free to be Me"

At twenty years of age I'm still looking for a dream
A war's already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can’t always see

‘Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together 
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

When I was just a girl I thought I had it figured out 
My life would turn out right, and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy 
And sometimes I would doubt

Sometimes I believe that I can do anything
Yet other times I think I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and You tell me 
That I've got all You seek 
And it’s easy to believe
Even though

‘Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together 
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

I love the line "but perfection is my enemy."  So true, so true

Palm Pilot...
I came across some scripture the other day that has been lingering in my heart. I wrote it on my palm to remember the verse, what I refer to as "writing on my palm pilot." (dumb joke, i know).
Here it is. If you have any insight, feel free to share. I'm not sure why it jumped out, but I like the idea that "against all hope, Abraham in hope believed." 

Romans 4: 18-21
 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be."Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to borrow Francesca's 4-song EP from me that I've had for a few years. She grew up nearby. We had mutual friends. Small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing lyrics in my journal too! The plan in starting my blog was to post lyrics that jumped out at me on various days. So good idea! I really liked these lyrics. And as a perfectionist, I hear ya.

    I also really appreciated the verse. When hope was against him and his body was failing, he hoped and never waivered. Sometimes, our body or mind fails us, especially as we get older, so that we can't hope. But our spirit is alive and is still being faithful to God, even when we can't feel it or recognize it.

    Love you! Thanks for your friendship and being there for me.

    ReplyDelete