Tuesday, April 26, 2011

AYhigh Girls Questions Part 2 (of 3)

Hey girlies! Here is part 2 of 3 in our Fishbowl Questions. Remember, these are questions you asked, and I'm answering them the best I can. Feel free to comment or ask follow up questions. If you missed part one, you can find it below.

What was your major in high school and what college did you go to?

Major in high school? I majored in dork. But in college, I majored in Youth Ministry/Adolescent Studies. Where? Judson College in Elgin, IL.


Why do guys have cooties???

This is the first question I plan on asking Jesus when I get to heaven. I’ve always wondered myself.


What are good traits in a guy? What standards should I set when looking for a boyfriend?

When a friend suggests a guy that I should date, and I say no, they always ask why not. Most of the time it’s because of their lack of a relationship with God or because I don’t feel they are very confident in themselves. I am someone who values my relationship with God and I really want that to be a strong trait in my mate. (that rhymed). I also want a guy who is confident in themselves (but not arrogant). I think your standards should be similar to the standards you have for yourself. In high school I made a list of the traits I wanted in a guy. Every guy had to measure up to my list. I never found the guy who made everything on my list. But... I had a revelation that perhaps I shouldn’t be focused on looking for a guy who fits my list, but being the type of girl who would fit someone else’s list. So, I have loyalty and spirituality on my list for a guy, I need to have that as a standard for myself. Instead of looking for a guy, I’m spending time working on my own spiritual life and creating loyalty, so that someday a guy will say “check” to his list.


How do I get a guy to notice me?

Be yourself. Love yourself. Be confident. That’s all you need.



What would you name a band if you were going to start one? (TUB doesn’t count)

Come See Our Show Tonight. CSOST for short. So when people say, ‘what’s your bands name’ you can say ‘Come See Our Show Tonight’ and then they get all frustrated and show up at venues all over thinking that your band is playing. No, that’s dumb. I don’t know. Wow. That’s a tough question. I’d probably start on one of those band generator websites.



I asked one of my guy friends to turnabout. I like him more now than I did when I asked him 2 months ago. I think he likes me back but I’m not sure. Should I wait for him longer? What should I do?

Hmm. Well, if he didn’t get the point that you liked him 2 months ago, he either has no clue about chicks and flirting, or he’s just not that into you. Wait, wasn’t that a movie? Yes, it was. A good one. Plus, as I always say, if he likes you, you’ll know. He’ll make it obvious, or he’s just too immature or shy to do anything about it.



Who was your first relationship? Describe him?

I liked a boy in 6th grade who lived around the corner from me. He was short, kinda dorky, and funny. We were friends and would ride our bikes around the neighborhood or go swimming in my pool. There was this one time when he farted in class and was totally embarrassed. Ahhh.. funny. Good times. I guess it was a “friend relationship” but that was the first boy I remember that liked me back.



What do you do if your guy friend is giving you mixed signals?

Mixed signals means mixed feelings. There may be times he is totally into you, and then other times when he’s not. So, find a guy who has distinctive signals one way or the other so you can worry about other things.


You know..I like this guy.. how do I let him know I like him without creepin’ him out?

I’m not sure what to do but I know what NOT to do. Here’s a few ways to creep out a guy: flirt with all of his friends, stand outside of his house and text him “i can see you,” stare at him at ALL TIMES, and most importantly, write on his facebook wall, send him a message, and update your relationship status with his name and “it’s complicated”... even if you have never met him.


Is it ok not to date in high school?

YES. It’s totally ok. It’s more than ok, in fact, it will probably help you stay focused on school, friends, and extracurriculars. Boys can equal drama. But, if you are going to date, be sure it’s with someone who is a friend, who can help you through life, and someone who will make you laugh!


If you could only watch one TV show for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Friends. I have all 10 seasons on DVD. Those episodes are like chocolate, minus the calories.


Stay tuned for part 3!


No comments:

Post a Comment