I said I would take any questions you had, and I am honoring that. Tonight's post is a special edition. I will get back to finishing the girl questions you all asked, but here are a few questions that an anonymous emailer sent to me. Feel free to continue to send your questions. I am enjoying answering them. Many questions can't be answered in a few sentences, but I've tried my best to do an overview. As always, I encourage you to seek scripture for your view on a question. Consider my answers as footnotes, always research and seek scripture to form your opinion and truth. BUT.. as always, I'm here to encourage you, help answer you questions, and guide you to Christ.
How do you know when God has entered your heart?
Galatians 5 tells us that we know the spirit is within us when we exemplify the fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control). Also, when we acknowledge that Jesus died on the cross for our sins and choose to honor and obey Him, to truly worship him with our lives, then we know that ‘God is in our heart’ as you phrase it. I think you start to see how God has entered in to your life when you start making choices that worship Him, when you live out the fruit of the spirit, when you start to have a thirst to know God more.
What did Chasen mean when he said "Love like it costs you something" ?
Chase heard this from a pastor and shares it at his concerts. I interpret it to mean that we must love in ways that aren’t just self serving, to go out of our way to love others even if it means it costs us something. John 15:13 says that love is to lay down your life for others. There is sacrifice in love. Sometimes we have to be uncomfortable in order to bring comfort to others. Think about the people you love. You would probably say the phrase, “I would do anything for them because I love them.” That’s what it means to love like it cost something.
If you were God for a day what would you do? How would you help others?
Oh wow. Big questions. Well, I can say that I would probably find all the students/parents of students/friends who never believed in God, and stand in front of them to reveal that God is real. I think the hardest thing about life is praying, teaching, and spending time with students/parents/people who never trust God or believe that He exists. That is the most disheartening thing I see. As much as I want to teach people that Jesus rules, I can’t show them (outside of my own life and experience). I sometimes just want God to show up in a very visible way for others to see him and finally believe.
What is the most played song on your iPod/What is your favorite song?
“Anchor” by Satellites and Sirens takes the number one spot on my iTunes.
My favorite song is “New Day” by Robbie Seay Band. Check them out!
What do you want people to remember you for?
I want to be remembered for helping others get to know Jesus, for being a good friend, and for always holding on to hope. Someday I want to be remembered for being a good mom and wife. :)
Why to people get to focused on things and forget to think about others or God?
It’s a constant struggle- the one between living in the flesh and living in the spirit. See, we are made to worship God but things get in the way, like selfishness and laziness. We try to fill our lives with things that aren’t God. We are constantly thirsting for something more, and to be honest, only God can fill that need, since we were made in His image, for him. I think people get focused on other things because it’s what the world says they should do, what is “normal” and what “everyone else is doing.” At the end of the day we all have to ask, what did I do today that brought glory to God?
Do you view the word 'crap' as a swear?
Ohhh. This is a good one. Why do I feel like you may use my answer to prove your point with your parents? Well if we think of swear words as evil words or negative words then potentially any word can be a swear. I think any word can be used for evil, it’s the intent behind it that matters. I use the word crap, and probably too much.
How much of the Bible have you read? What parts would you recommend reading?
I’ve been reading the Bible since I was little. I’m sure I’ve read the whole thing. I admire people who can do the “read the Bible in a year plan.” I tried that but it became about finishing not learning and letting it soak in. I heard someone once say we “read the bible to change not to finish.” I would recommend reading the letters (Galatians, Ephesians, Phillippians, and Colosians). Those are a few of my favorite books.
What was the last thing you laughed about?
I love to laugh. It’s my favorite thing. I laughed to myself last night when I was on the treadmill at the gym. This guy on the treadmill next to me was watching Glee. He kept laughing out loud. Every time he would laugh, I did too. I’m not sure why.
No comments:
Post a Comment