Friday, August 21, 2009

Something Beautiful Summer

The other day I heard God.(which is very refreshing, because I haven’t heard Him in awhile).


He said, “I’ll do what it takes to get you back to the core of Me. Can’t you see, I’ve taken you to the mountaintops, to each side of the ocean, and to the open fields, what more do you need to see Me, to hear Me?”

And it was then that I realized what God had orchestrated all along. He has control, He has me in His arms, holding on tight. I needed to hear him, to see him.

If I don’t have eyes that are open, and ears trying to listen, I’d never find Him.

He’ll use what we give Him, in the space that we give Him and more. Whether it be a small space, he’ll blow the doors open, if it’s large, He’ll fill it.


I never expected this kind of summer to happen. Here I am at the end of it, with one trip left to go. It’s going to be something beautiful, just like all my other trips. In my next blog, I’ll hopefully be able to pay tribute to all the trips and what I’ve learned about God, myself, and life in general. I wrote alot in Colorado, and I hope to start sharing that on my blog. But it’s not quite ready.


There’s a new Needtobreathe song that was just released. It sums up this summer for me. Searching for God a.k.a. Something Beautiful. Download the song. The lyrics are great, but the song itself is a masterpiece.


Something Beautiful


In Your ocean i’m ankle deep

i feel the waves crashing on my feet

it’s like I know where i need to be

but I can’t figure out, I can’t figure out

just how much air i will need to breathe

when Your tide washes over me

there’s only one way to figure out

will you let me drown?

will you let me drown?


hey now this is my desire, consume me like a fire

cause i just want Something Beautiful to touch me

i know that i’m in reach

cause i am down on my knees

waiting for something beautiful

something beautiful


and the water is rising quick

and for years i was scared of it

we can’t be sure when it will subside

so i won’t leave Your side

no i can’t leave Your side


hey now this is my desire, consume me like a fire

cause i just want Something Beautiful to touch me

i know that i’m in reach

cause i am down on my knees

waiting for something beautiful

something beautiful


in a daydream i couldn’t live like this

i wouldn’t stop til i found

Something Beautiful


when i wake up

all I have is still not all i need

something beautiful


hey now this is my desire, consume me like a fire

cause i just want Something Beautiful to touch me

i know that i’m in reach

cause i am down on my knees

waiting for something beautiful

something beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment