Sunday, May 31, 2009

Taking the Scenic Route

The summer has officially begun. 


Of the next 90 days, I am only home for 32. With random youth trips and personal trips, this summer is jam packed with plenty of opportunities to wear sunglasses, apply sunscreen, and give hourly status updates on Facebook. 


There are two constants that will be traveling with me on these trips. My pink sunglasses and my Rainbow flip flops.  I’m very happy to announce that my pink sunglasses (that broke a few weeks ago) have been replaced with the very same kind. 


Last summer was incredible, and this summer has already kicked last year’s butt. 


My trips this summer: 


Boston- I just got back from this summer kick off trip. It was amazing. I was trying to figure     out the best way to sum it up, but I just can’t. Look at pictures on facebook or meet up with me in person to chat about it. It was great and I have some pretty cool friends. 


Ichthus- Last year I took high school students to Ichthus as part of our mission trip. This year we are returning with college students. What a great chance to get to hang out with these students and hear some rockin’ music. 


Confirmation Camp- This will be my fourth time going to Lutherdale with our incoming freshmen. I get to take a few high school students with me and we get to hang out, lead Bible study, and chill with the freshmen. This is a fun week!


Colorado- Yes!!! I haven’t been back to Colorado in awhile. I am going on the trip of my life with this one. I get to hang out in a condo in Breck for a week. I’m hoping to see an old friend, do alot of reading, writing, and evaluating life...all in the mountains! 


Ohio- For a quick 3 day trip, I’ll be hanging with my niece and nephew (who I haven’t seen for a few years) and be a part of my cousins wedding. 


Mission Trip- I return from Ohio to leave the next morning for our high school mission trip. I love hanging with the high schoolers, talking about faith, and doing service for God. We will end the trip by going to Ignite Chicago together. So looking forward to this!


Girls Camp- One of my favorite weeks in the summer, I get to be in charge of 160 middle school girls! We do girlie camp stuff like messy games, crazy breakout dancing to Family Force 5, and I generally do the “what NOT to wear” at the fashion show. (girls laughing AT me... yep). I love this week! 


And that’s all. Throw in a Fray concert, a hopeful trip on the Bromenschenkel Boat, random events with AYhigh, hanging with my friends poolside, Sunday Sundae events, and figuring out were to live for the fall.  Oh, and planning the fall and getting ready for the X service and youth events to start up again! 


Yep, that’s my summer. It’s started now! I can’t wait for what’s next. 

BRING IT. 

Some lyrics from my summer theme song: “Scenic Route” by Jars of Clay


Baby, leave it all behind

Missed a road sign

I don't want to get home soon

Drive the car all the way around the moon


Baby, we could get lost

We have another state to cross

We could find each other out

Tell our secrets on the scenic route

I don't want to get home soon

Drive the car around the moon

1 comment: