Friday, December 31, 2010

2011

Sleeping at Last says it best "life without revision will silence our souls."

I've spent a good amount of time today looking back reflecting on 2010. There was so much.
Instead of writing about last year, I put together a video of pictures. You can find it on my facebook page.

But, 2011 is upon us. And while I mourn the end of this year, I can't even imagine what is in store for this coming year. What will my story be at the end of 2011? How will God move in this heart of mine? How will He lead me to a deeper love for Him? I'm nervous for the ways He may stretch my faith, but I'm ready.

As I tried to focus on a few goals for 2011, I wanted to be specific. However, what came out of my time here at Starbucks wasn't specific goals, but specific vision statements. Instead of focusing on the details of the vision, I'm just going to try to live in it daily and ask God to come along in the story.

There's no accountability in keeping these to myself, so I'll share them with you, and you can yell at me (kindly, please) when I'm not living them out.

My vision statements for 2011:
--To love my tribe. (family, friends, church)
--To care for myself. (with health and start hobbies)
--To learn. (read scripture, read books for self and spiritual life, and with youth ministry)
--To contribute. (write both in my blog and for publication, and to contribute and give within society-financially and with my time)

What will your story be in 2011?



No comments:

Post a Comment