Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

When I reflect on 2009, I think about....


-Not setting a resolution for the year but seeing old goals get met.

-Becoming friends with famous people.

-Seeing friends move away. (this is a sad one)

-Finally feeling grounded in a career.

-Realizing that the more you do in your dream job, the less you get to do what you really love.

-Music has become like a Bible (which is mostly not good).

-I used a restroom at Trinity Church in Boston. Yep.

-I saw 131 bands play live this year.

-I got better at preaching but worse at remembering all my notes when I get on stage.

-I wrote more. Nothing quite worthy of sharing, yet.

-Reading scripture about how God’s redeeming love is weaved in to everything. That’s just totally cool.

-I traveled a TON. Which was so needed and amazing.

-Became a fan of free trade stuff and my heart is opening to figure out ways to help people whether here, or abroad that can be changed by my ‘change.’

-Relationships were strengthened, others seemed to fade, and new ones were made.

-I got a macbook and it’s pink.

-Michael Jackson died. Epic fail.

-I lost a gall bladder and 30 pounds.

-Reading a few key books that I loved and inspired me. (The Voice, A Million Miles in a Thousand Years, Angry Conversations With God).

-My hair was pink, purple, and black this year (with a bit of green-oops).

-I became a concert promotor and music critic.

-I smiled at a hot guy at the gym. (if you know me well, then you know this is a big deal).

-I met Donald Miller and acted like a goober.

-I ‘kinda’ had coffee with Robbie Seay. “if you’re like me you need hope, coffee, and melody.”

-This summer I went to the Atlantic, the Pacific, the ocean, the mountains, the hills, and the flatland. It was spectacular. And God showed up everywhere.

-Near death experience with a cell phone and Denver Airport.

-Realizing that most of my friends are in their 30’s or above. That weirds me out.

-Becoming friends with Vanilla Soy Milk.


Wow, big year.

I can only say that I’m blessed.

Yet, I hope that I was a blessing to others.



When you think about 2009, what stands out?

What blessings do you have?

What kinds of epic fails has God redeemed?


2 comments:

  1. that's a pretty great list. I'm glad I can bring down the average age of your friends. ;)

    maybe one of these days I'll get to sit and reflect on 2009. Boston, and Trinity Church, will certainly be fondly remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of concerts.
    David Crowder also emailed you. Personally.
    You were not a goober with Donald Miller.
    And you must have had a really heavy gall bladder.

    ReplyDelete