
A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
“Part of me wonders if our stories aren’t being stolen by the easy life.”
Donald Miller weaves an exposed heart through the pages of “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.” That exposure is what makes it real, honorable, and convicting.
Miller takes us on the journey that requires us to rethink our very own stories. What is your story? Are the things that are most important to you reflected in your story? What past experiences, future fears, or numbing everydayness creates your story? Where does God fit into your story?
Miller suggests our stories are stolen by the easy life. And this has been my story. About the same time I read this book, I was recovering from gall bladder surgery. The combination of surgery and this book has created the desire for a new story in my life to begin. A story that finds fulfillment in a God who loves me and desires me to do more than sit on a couch. A story that really shows what is important to me.
I have a warning about this book. Don’t read it if you want to stay living in your comfortable, stagnant world. Read it if you want a fresh way of looking at your life, the story it tells, and how God is in and through it. I’ve sent a copy to a friend this past week who’s story is being changed dramatically. I believe “A Million Miles” will inspire her, create beauty in a new story, and allow God to move in new ways.
Find your story in “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.”
"A story that finds fulfillment in a God who loves me and desires me to do more than sit on a couch."
ReplyDeleteIs it any surprise that this hit me, since I'm just sitting on my couch right now?
I could use some pop-Christian lit, since all my reading has been classic or academic lately. I may have to wait until quarter breaks, though. Then again, we will never simply have the time, we must make the time.