I came home tonight to another burnt out lightbulb. Over the past few months in our apartment, lights have slowly been going out. And we still haven’t changed the bulbs. I’ve mentioned it and just haven’t taken initiative to call maintenance to change them.
First our dining room light went out. There is still one light bulb that is on, but it’s dim.
Then the hallway light went out, then the living room light, and now, the doorway light is out.
For a few months all the lights were shining brightly. It was inviting and lively. And now it seems like things are becoming dim, dark, quiet....
The dining room is where we share meals together, the living room is where we laugh together, and the doorway light is where we welcome each other.
What happens when all the lights go out?
Community takes work. It takes initiative.
So, I’m going to call maintenance in the morning.
Sadness...:( I'm glad you "called maintenance" and that the lights will be shining bright tomorrow! How's the HAT light these days? ;)
ReplyDeleteDear Amber,
ReplyDeletePlease start blogging again. There's a big hole in the blogging universe, and your words need to fill it.
Thank you,
Blog Readers Everywhere